Saturday, April 25, 2020

Om mani padme hum : My 'I' is enclosed in the lotus flower





Rudolf Steiner:  

The 'I' of the human being is surrounded by three sheaths [the physical, etheric, and astral sheaths]. The 'I' itself is not egotistical. Only the sheaths are egotistical. If the 'I' is freed from its sheaths, it wants immediately to spread or expand itself out to the whole cosmos. However, it is enclosed in its three sheaths. In the East, the image of this being enclosed is the lotus flower. Also in the lotus flower, the innermost core is surrounded by three circles of blossom petals.


In India this was expressed with the words:

Aoum mani padme aoum
My 'I' is enclosed in the lotus flower

If you want to come to the true 'I' you must go through all three sheaths. There are three stages that lead to the 'I.'

One enters the first stage and experiences:

My own being is interwoven with the Earth gravity
Ex Deo nascimur

One enters the second stage and experiences:

My own being is interwoven with the lightness of the light
In Christo morimur

One enters the third stage and experiences:

My own being is interwoven with the strength of the breath
Per Spiritum Sanctum reviviscimus

The third sheath falls.


Aoum mani padme aoum







Source: Esoteric Lessons 1913-1923, p. 411f

No comments:

Post a Comment