- Blessed are they who are driven to lead their souls more and more to the spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are they who take suffering upon themselves, for they will find comfort through their own activity.
- Blessed are the gentle in spirit, for they will own the Earth.
- Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they will be satisfied through their own activity.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will achieve mercy through their own activity.
- Blessed are they who are pure in heart, for they will see God through their own activity.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will become children of God through their own activity.
- Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for the kingdom of heaven is for them.
- Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and speak all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad and full of comfort, for your reward is great in heaven; for so the prophets were also persecuted.
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
based on a lecture given by Rudolf Steiner in Stuttgart on January 19, 1907
Source: The Christian Mystery, pp. 267-269