Tuesday, February 13, 2024

"How Rudolf Steiner entered my life" by Édouard Schuré

 


Rudolf Steiner




In May 1906, Rudolf Steiner came to Paris with a number of students to give a series of private lectures to a small circle of friends. I myself had never seen him and did not even know of his existence, but I had begun correspondence on the subject of one of my dramas (The Children of Lucifer) with his friend Mademoiselle von Sivers, who later became his wife and his most understanding colleague. She brought her teacher to my house one happy morning.

I shall never forget the extraordinary impression made upon me by this man when he entered the room. As I looked at that thin, powerful face, at the black mysterious eyes flashing light as if from unfathomable depths, it struck me that for the first time in my life I was facing one of those supreme seers who have direct vision of the great beyond. . . .







Source: "Foreword" to An Esoteric Cosmology [GA 94]



No comments:

Post a Comment