70. The Second Hierarchy reveals itself as soul and spirit that works in the etheric. All that is etheric is a manifestation of the Second Hierarchy. This Hierarchy, however, does not reveal itself directly in the physical; its power extends only to etheric processes. Only etheric and soul-life could exist if the Third and the Second Hierarchy alone were active.
71. The First and strongest Hierarchy reveals itself as the spiritually active principle within the physical. It makes the physical world into a cosmos. The Third and the Second Hierarchy are the beings who minister to it in this activity.
73. In the etheric body the intelligence of the cosmos becomes embodied in the human being. That this can happen requires the activity of cosmic beings, who, in their combined working, shape the etheric body of man, even as the physical forces shape the physical.
74. In the astral body the spiritual world implants moral impulses into the human being. That these can show forth their life in man's organization depends on the activity of beings who are able not only to think the spiritual, but to shape it in its reality.
75. In the ego-organization man experiences himself, even in the physical body, as a spirit. That this can happen requires the activity of beings who themselves, as spiritual beings, live in the physical world.