Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Anthroposophia : The Spirit of Wisdom : Spiritus Sapientiae : Wisdom in Love and Love in Wisdom

Anthroposophia
Anthropos [Love]  /  Sophia [Wisdom]


Rudolf Steiner: "The last task is: Wisdom in Love and Love in Wisdom. After developing the seven virtues we will achieve love in wisdom and be able to carry it forth from our spiritual evolution into the earthly world. You will find this expressed in the Wisdom of Solomon in the words "Therefore I prayed, and understanding was granted me; I called on God, and the Spirit of Wisdom came to me. I preferred her to scepter and throne, and I accounted wealth as nothing in comparison to her." This is what everything depends upon: we must not withdraw ascetically from physical existence, but rather raise it to higher existence. We must nurture and cultivate the kingdoms of the world and develop what was called Spiritus Sapientiae in the Middle Ages — the Spirit of Wisdom. And with the Spirit of Wisdom we will move on to a new planetary existence."