"Spirit Triumphant! Flame through the impotence of fettered, faltering souls! Burn up selfishness, kindle compassion, so that selflessness, the lifestream of humanity, may flow as the wellspring of spiritual rebirth!" — Rudolf Steiner
Saturday, September 26, 2026
delulu is the perfectly cromulent solulu
Rudolf Steiner: "I would just like to point out how Schiller’s "Aesthetic Letters" seek to characterize a state of mind in which a certain middle ground is found between, on the one hand, the state of being devoted to instincts and to the sensual-physical, and, on the other hand, the state of being devoted to the world of logical reason. Schiller believes that in both cases, a person cannot attain freedom. Not when they are wholly devoted to the sensory world, the world of instincts and drives; there they are unfreely subject to their physical nature. But they are also not free when they are wholly devoted to rational necessity, to logical necessity, for then the laws of logic compel them under their tyranny. But Schiller wishes to point to a middle state, where human beings have spiritualized their instincts to such an extent that they can surrender to them without being dragged down or enslaved by them, and where, on the other hand, logical necessity is incorporated into sensory perception and into personal drives, so that this logical necessity, too, does not enslave human beings. Schiller finds in the state of aesthetic enjoyment and aesthetic creation that middle ground in which human beings can attain true freedom."
delulu is the perfectly cromulent solulu
Lead me from cromule to cromule
When in the course of human events
I find I've lost my way,
I light up a joint,
forget all I've loint,
and delulu my cares away.
How perfectly cromulent it all is.
I think, therefore I cromulate.
I lift, therefore I am.
The cromulence is strong with this one.
"It was a day of heavy cromulence..."
Once when I was in my forties I attended a Little League baseball game because I was friends with a player on one of the teams, the Giants. In the middle of the game I was suddenly struck by a mental thunderbolt and hollered out
Big G!
Big I!
Big Ants!
GIANTS!
The unbearable cromulence of being
I once awoke from a dream with a chorus of human voices rhythmically intoning:
It's not much like Iwo Jima,
We just want to be a wima.
A perfectly cromulent question
A perfectly cromulent solution
A Perfectly Cromulent Headline
A Perfectly Cromulent Viewpoint
A Perfectly Cromulent Complaint
A Perfectly Cromulent Protocol
A Perfectly Cromulent Courtship
Cromulence, thy name is Matrimony!
A perfectly cromulent request
A perfect storm of cromulence
The novelist Evelyn Waugh married a woman who was also named Evelyn.
Their friends called them Hevelyn and Shevelyn.
A Perfectly Cromulent Motto
A Perfectly Cromulent Way To Be Or Not To Be
"I came here to play with my doll and to kick ass — and I'm all done with my doll."
A perfectly cromulent way to be
Billionaire Howard Hughes with his perfectly cromulent footwear
A perfectly Cromulent Epiphany
An idea whose cromulence has come
"Be cromulent whenever possible. It is always possible." — Faith Phoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment