Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Become a person of initiative" : Today is the tenth anniversary of the first meeting of the Rudolf Steiner Study Circle at the Himalayan Institute

Ex Deo Nascimur       In Christo Morimur       Per Spiritum Sanctum Reviviscimus

"Not I, but Christ in me"



"In the karma of every single anthroposophist is written: Become a person of initiative; observe whether out of the hindrances of your body or any other hindrances that thwart you, you do not discover initiative to be the center of your being. Suffering and joy for you will actually depend on whether or not you can discover personal initiative. As if in letters of gold, there should always stand before the soul of the anthroposophist: 'Initiative is part of your karma; much of what meets you in life will depend on whether you can bring this initiative to consciousness.'" --Rudolf Steiner

"In memories we were rich. We had pierced the veneer of outside things. We had 'suffered, starved and triumphed, grovelled down yet grasped at glory, grown bigger in the bigness of the whole.' We had seen God in His splendours, heard the text that Nature renders. We had reached the naked soul of man." --Shackleton, South




Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. --Psalm 19




Related post: http://martyrion.blogspot.com/2009/07/13-ways-of-looking-at-my-guru-4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment